Egg and embryo freezing/banking have become extremely popular options over the last year. A major factor in this decision is Long Term Storage. Eggs and embryos can safely remain frozen for years until you are ready to use them. It is important to feel confident that your samples are stored at a reputable establishment in a safe, transparent, and accessible location. The TMRW tank is an evolution from our current equipment. The basic foundation is not brand new, since we have used cryotanks safely for years, but the software integration system is state of the art. It paves the way for a future where gamete and embryo data can be tracked remotely from our computers, or an app on your phone. Better still you have the assurance that your eggs and embryos are being monitored 24 hours a day every day of the year. Below is a summary of the TMRW Tank concept!
What is it?
- TMRW Tank is the first and only automated egg/embryo storage platform
- It links frozen egg/embryos to traceable RFID chips to completely prevent errors of identification
- It facilitates labeling, tracking & locating samples
- It gathers data to ensure cryogenic temperatures & egg/embryo wellness
- It integrates all data into a software system monitored on our computers
- It replaces old-fashioned liquid nitrogen storage tanks and manual labeling/monitoring
Why is it necessary?
- Safer and more secure identification system- 100% digital chain of custody tracking
- Easier monitoring in real-time with integrated software system on computer
- Integrates embryology storage with the most up-to-date software technology
Who is using it?
- The TMRW tank was rolled out to 30 leading fertility clinics in the US, including Conceptions
- It was created by TMRW Life Sciences
When/where will it be in use?
- Commercial launch was in December of 2020
- The TMRW Tank is already at Conceptions Reproductive Associates of Colorado!
You can read more about this at https://www.tmrw.org/